What is an Apprenticeship?
- An Apprenticeship is a way for young people and adult learners to earn while they learn in a real job, gaining a real qualification and a real future.
- Apprenticeships lead to good careers and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified work force
- Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. You get paid while gaining qualifications and work experience.
- Apprenticeships are an alternative route to progression and higher education.
As an apprentice you will:
- Work alongside experienced staff in a professional environment based on excellent values and ethics
- Gain job-specific skills
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Complete an Apprenticeship Framework and study towards a related qualification (usually one /two days per month)