The walk-in centre is a nurse led service. We do not have doctors on site.
On arrival, you must report to reception where you will be asked to complete a registration form. You will then be called into the initial assessment room for a brief consultation. This is so we can prioritise any emergencies and signpost where appropriate.
We can treat any of the following minor illness / injuries:
- Coughs, colds, flu like symptoms and hay fever
- Ear, nose and throat problems including minor infections, sore throats, ear-ache
- Emergency hormonal contraception (Morning after pill)
- Eye problems (conjunctivitis, styes)
- Headache and dizziness
- High Temperature
- Minor cuts, bruises, burns, scalds, head injuries, insect bites
- Muscle and joint injuries such as strains and sprains, back pain, tendonitis
- Pregnancy testing / advice and appropriate referral
- Advice on Sexually transmitted diseases and thrush.
- Skin complaints including rashes, minor allergic reactions, scabies, head lice, sunburn and nappy rash
- Stomach ache, indigestion constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea (over 48 hours)
- Urinary / Sexual health advice
- Chlamydia Treatment
We cannot treat Dental problems.
We cannot issue Repeat Prescriptions.
We do not treat pregnancy related problems, please contact your GP or Midwife.
We do not treat children under 12 months.