Many people claim to be experts in nutrition yet have very limited knowledge and offer no protection to the public. Dietitians are registered with the HCPC and very often referred to as the 'Gold Standard' when it comes to nutrition and food professionals.
All hospital inpatients at high risk from undernutrition should be referred for a dietetic assessment. Patients can also be referred to our clinics through choose and book, letter or fax ( see how to Contact Us)
Dietitians can help improve the nutritional status of your patients, and provide clinical and cost effective interventions for a wide variety of conditions eg coeliac disease, IBS, diabetes, cancer, food allergy, neurological condition resulting in dysphagia, chronic kidney disease. Please ensure your referral contains full details of clinical condition, nutrition parameters e.g. weight, weight change and BMI and reason for referral. Incomplete/inappropriate referrals may be rejected.
- CG181& QS100 Lipid Modification: cardiovascular risk assessment and the modification of blood lipids for the primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease
- NG28 Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- CG86 Recognition and Assessment of Coeliac Disease
- CG32 Nutrition Support in Adults
- PH11 Maternal & Child Nutrition
- CG61& QS114 Diagnosis & Management of IBS
- QS118 Food Allergy
- QS109 Diabetes in pregnancy
- QS6 Diabetes in Adults