Wolverhampton Bowel Cancer Support Group
The Wolverhampton Bowel Cancer Support Group is a self-help group for people with bowel cancer, their families and carers.
We are here for anyone who lives in Wolverhampton or who is receiving their treatment at Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust.
The group aims to support you through your diagnosis, your treatment and beyond. We have information talks from external speakers on a range of issues relating to the effects of cancer and there is time to chat with each other and a Colorectal Nurse Specialist.
There is no need to book, just turn up on the day.
For more information on the Wolverhampton Bowel Cancer Support Group please contact a member of the Colorectal and Stoma care Nursing Team and join our Facebook page for up-to-date information on the group activity and support.
Bowel Cancer Support group
Programme for 2020
- 20 January - AGM subject to weather
- 17 February - Social meeting
- 16 March - Michael Ball "The wizard of OZ film"
- 20 April - Alan Peace "Never work with children or animals"
- 18 May - Keith Cheetham "Pilgrim Fathers"
- 15 June - Social Meeting
- 20 July - Suzanne Hill "Trading Standards"
- 17 August - No Meeting
- August (Sunday) TBA - Picnic lunch in Sedgley 1.00pm at 49 High Park Crescent, DY3 1QZ. Bring food to share
- 21 September - Nadia Awal "Willenhall Lock Museum"
- 16 October - David Oakley Wolverhampton Magic Circle
- 19 October - Andrew French "The man who never was"
- 30 November - Christmas meal at the Goldthorn
- December - No Meeting
Meetings are generally the third Monday of each month and are held at The Woodfield Sports And Social Club, Woodfield Avenue, Penn, Wolverhampton. WV4 4AF.
We have the room from 7:00pm till 9:00pm but with guest speakers we aim for them to start at 7:30pm, following any notices or business items.
The support group is held at Woodfield Social Club, Woodfield Avenue, Penn, Wolverhampton, WV4 4AF. Please see the map below for further guidance: