The Catering Department at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust pride themselves in providing and delivering a great service to all our patients. Nearly all of our menu is prepared and cooked on site by our extensive team of committed personnel using the best ingredients available.
Our aim is to make your stay as comfortable as possible and as part of the service, we offer a wide choice of quality, appetising meals that are designed to be enjoyed and provide a nutritional and balanced eating experience.
- Orange Juice
- Cornflakes, Weetabix, Rice Snaps, Shredded Wheat, Ready Brek
- Toast - Wholemeal or White
- Flora or Butter
- Marmalade, Jam, Chocolate Spread, Honey or Marmite
- Fresh Fruit and Yogurt
If you require a special diet please ask a member of the nursing team who will be happy to assist and provide an appropriate range of choices.
Meal choices are available for the following special diets:
- Low potassium
- No added salt
- Low fibre
- Modified texture
- Non containing gluten ingredients - NCGI
Each mealtime the day’s menu choices will be made available and you can make your selection in advance. At mealtimes your choice will be served to you (subject to availability) at your bedside.
Beverages will be served during and between meal times during the course of the day, offering a selection of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and fruit cordial. Water will always be provided at the bedside and this will be changed regularly. In addition to the beverage service, we also offer a selection of cakes, biscuits and a range of other snacks, all subject to availability.
Fresh fruit is always available. If you would like some fruit, please ask one of our team for the day’s choice.
We operate our 'Meal Time Matters' scheme here at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust for you to fully enjoy your food, uninterrupted. Meal times may vary, however, we aim to serve during the following times:
- Breakfast - 7.30am to 8.30am
- Lunch - 12.30pm to 1.30pm
- Supper - 5.30pm to 6.30pm
If you should have any comments on our services, we would be pleased to hear from you. Please contact either a member of ward staff or a ward supervisor between the hours of 8.00am - 7.30pm on 07920 595490 and they will be happy to help and assist with your requests.
The Catering department goals are simple and focussed wholly towards our patients and the service we provide:
- Ensure quality food is prepared and served safely and consistently to a high standard
- To offer choice of dishes that reflect the needs of our patients
- Use fresh ingredients as much as possible through our daily choices
- Make our food part of the healing process, to be a welcome part of your day and enjoyed.