Digital Technology is continually being adapted and utilised in our everyday working life and many patients may already receive electronic reminders from their general practitioners and dentist. We are keen to offer similar levels of service to our patients.
To support our patients we will be launching the myRWT patient portal in early 2021. This will be accessible via a smartphone, laptop or other smart device. The aim of the portal is to:-
- Give patients more control by providing access to information about their appointments
- Reduce the chance of lost letters and confusion about appointment dates and times
- Show information online which is available to them wherever they are
- Provide them with options as to how they receive information from the hospital
The portal will be called myRWT and will be available to patients who are:-
- 18 years old and over
- have a smart device and
- have registered their personal mobile telephone number with one of the reception or appointments teams
When the portal goes live patients will receive a text message inviting them to register with the myRWT patient portal via link from their mobile device. Once registered patients will be able to:-
- see details relating to some of their outpatient appointments
- view a digital version of some of their appointment letters
- add these appointments to their personal calendar
In the future patients who use the portal will be able to opt out of receiving paper versions of some of the appointment correspondence.
Further information and guidance will be available in due course.