West Park Rehabilitation Hospital – Rehabilitation Art Group
- Occupational Therapy Service art group – patients are assessed and referred to attend by occupational therapists.
- To encourage patients to use their affected limb as part of on-going therapy
- To enable patients to continue with a hobby or develop an interest in art for the first time in a group setting. Perhaps start undertaking art activities at home.
- To socialise with other patients. Stroke patients with speech problems can practice speaking within a group that understands their problems – many patients with speech problems do not feel confident enough to mix with people that do not understand their problems and therefore become very isolated.
- Art volunteers support the group by facilitating arts and crafts activities
- Support from donations assists with provision of arts materials and activities.
Contact Details: Arts Manager | Email: rwh-tr.Arts@nhs.net | Tel: 01902 307999