Supporting Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Date of release: 12 October 2021
Did you know that around 55,000 women and 370 men are diagnosed with breast cancer every year in the UK?
Therefore, every October the Breast Care Nursing Service are always busy raising awareness of Breast Cancer – a heart breaking disease in which cells in the breast grow out of control.
The team would like to invite members of the public and staff to their Facebook live event on Thursday, October 21st at 11am on our public Facebook page. Just go to Facebook and like our page, then join in on the date above.
Please join two members of the service and help raise awareness this Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The RWT Breast Care Nursing Service would like to emphasise how important it is to be breast aware, not just this Breast Cancer Awareness Month. If you have any concerns, questions or need a general chat about breast care, just call 01902695144 and they will be happy to help.
The team is made up of eight members of staff, they work hard daily to provide a safe and effective service to patients at the Trust.
Below are the names and job titles you may expect to see if you ever needed their service:
- Caroline Jones – Lead Consultant Nurse
- Samantha Bullows – Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Debbie Dickson - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Sara Longman - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Shelly Campbell - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Jennie Stain - Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Lacey Wood – Cancer Care Navigator / Senior Support Worker
- Elaine Garrington – Admin support.
Join us and check out our social media channels throughout the month to help us raise awareness of such an important cause.