We have many different types of opportunities available for volunteers across the Trust and Trust sites that offer volunteers the chance to gain fantastic experience of helping and supporting different wards and departments across RWT.
With this, you can gain a wide range of skills as well as insight into the different professions and careers within the NHS.
Meeting different staff across the Trust is a great way to build connections and show your professionalism in the healthcare setting, as well as sharing your feedback, suggestions and skills with the wider team.
You could be:-
Volunteering at RWT is diverse, and no day has to be the same.
You could be volunteering in:-
- Ward Support: speaking to patients, delivering drinks, cleaning duties, help serve the lunch and dinners etc.
- Ward Admin: transporting documents, answering calls, dealing with queries, making calls, scanning and printing etc.
- Games and Activities: playing board games with patients, cards, bingo, sitting exercises, chair yoga, nail painting etc.
- Community Vaccination Hubs: During certain times of the year, local community heath centres will roll out their vaccination scheme. Volunteers will support patients, offer drinks, crowd control, signpost etc.
- Telephone Befriending
- Heart and Lung Centre
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Stroke and Elderly Wards
- Emergency Department
- West Park Rehabilitation Centre
- And many more across the Trust sites
We are always developing new opportunities as staff across the Trust approach us requesting volunteers for certain daily tasks and activities. This is exciting, and there is always something new to get involved in, learn new skills and meet new staff!